Vision and Mission
Vision: Recognising Strengths, Gaining Skills, Achieving Success
Churchward is an inclusive and aspirational community where, built on absolute integrity, learning for life is holistic and specifically tailored to the needs of young people with social and communication challenges.
Through our personalised approach and high expectations, we strive to ensure all students really achieve their potential helping to create positive young people equipped with life and work skills for a sustainable and fulfilled future.
- To establish a community that will explicitly develop communication skills, social interaction,
self-regulation and flexibility of thought.
- To ensure students exceptional progress through delivering high quality, specialist, consistent teaching and learning.
- To provide specialised learning environments that respond to individual and accommodate the sensory needs of our students.
- To promote the life values of independence and interdependence.
- To develop characteristics of perseverance and resilience.